Saturday 4 June 2011

Gaining Perspective on the Storm

I just got back from a run in the rain. Running in the rain isn't usually much fun (depending on if you're running with some goofy people or not that can change), and I have a bad memory of a race my freshman year in high school that was pouring rain and I was frozen stiff for most of the day. Anyhow I was driving to the Track to get in my morning run and as I went I prayed a simple prayer, "Lord, please take this rain away, or if it is not your will, then show me the lesson or reason for this rain." Well, I got my answer. There is an elderly gentleman from my church that I've been helping out with various projects in and around his home for the past few weeks. When I go over I usually go at 10 AM and stay until around 4 or 5 PM. Today this posed a few problems as I have a 10 mile run I need to get in sometime this afternoon. But I also want to go to church at Bridgeway at 6PM with an hour drive. If you're doing your math like I am, there simply wouldn't have been time to do all three things. When I returned from my very wet run I had a message on my cell phone from Tony telling me that we had to call today off. I guess today's project was outside. The whole point of this story is to emphasize that unpleasant things in our lives, that we analogically call storms sometimes, may have some purpose we don't yet grasp or some positive effect we're not focusing on. For those of you in Northern California getting rained on right now, sorry about that, God sent the rain for me ;).

For His Glorious Name,
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment