Monday 18 July 2011

Day of Rest

This morning I really really didn't want to get up. I see this as a problem. I'm a morning person, and even though I normally get up at 5:30, this morning was a really tough one for me. That means I didn't really have all that good of a day of rest. If my day of rest is actually restful, I am always ready to go Monday morning. For me, I'm starting to put some of my personality together in this respect to understanding. Although I am a very gregarious person, I am an introvert. All that really means is that social interaction is a drain for me rather than how I recover. This means staying longer after church to talk, going out for lunch with people, hanging out and fellowshipping, are all energy draining activities for me. And I've been very social recently. Actually, I find it kind of funny that last weekend I felt was more restful than this weekend even though I went on two large hikes on Saturday and Sunday. I still woke up ready to go on Monday. But this weekend where all I did on Sunday was spend time with friends after church, I wanted to lie in bed and never get up. I put this all out there to say I need to spend a little more time on Sundays doing nothing. In our overexerted culture that seems like a terrible waste of time, but if I were to just sit around and think, pray, and spend time in the word I think I would be much better off. We're all different and recover in different ways, so these are only applicable to me, but maybe you also need to figure out how you recover from life best and start implementing a more effective day of Rest.

For His Glorious Name,
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment