Sunday 15 May 2011

Ignorance

Sometimes God has to hit me over the head with my own ignorance and remind me that we all are ignorant. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge and information about anything. Many guys are ignorant of the inner workings of a woman's mind. I am ignorant of the principles of Botany, Business, Human Kinetics, Romance, and many other subjects in varying degrees. One of the funniest things I find when I think about this is how we can be ignorant of our own ignorance. That leads to pride in what we do know, which is so very little. We've been given access to what we need to know in life in various forms and by various methods which ultimately find their source in God whether it be our parents or the Bible. But even then we often fail to acquire much of what we have access to. And then there is so much more beyond what we even have access to. The grandiose ignorance we all have boggles my mind and it humbles me. Even Job, a great man of God, had to be reminded of how small he was and how little he knew. I have to continually be reminded of this the more I learn especially since I've been gifted with above average intelligence and drive to acquire knowledge. The moment I lose perspective on my ignorance is the moment pride takes root and begins to destroy not only my relationships but that which I am seeking through education, knowledge. Pride is a hindrance to learning, not a help, and the best antidote to this kind of pride for me is awareness of myself. I also wonder how ignorant I am of my very self, something I should be fairly knowledgeable about, and yet I suspect even in that respect I know very little.

For His Glorious Name,
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment